Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Psychic Junkie Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Psychic Junkie EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Psychic Junkie EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Psychic Junkie EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Psychic Junkie EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Psychic Junkie EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Psychic Junkie EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Psychic Junkie EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Psychic Junkie EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Psychic Junkie EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Psychic Junkie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Psychic Junkie
It’s the third time this week she’s come to see me. Frantic about the smallest amount of communication she had with “him” and needs me to see how he feels, what he thinks, and if the future path is changed at all because of this small and minute bit of progress. I sigh to myself and calmly tap into the energies. Nothing has changed, he is still the same, and in short and honest words I give her the reassurance she needs that the future path is all on track. I don’t do a full read, but send her the energy healing she seeks and send her on her way, a part of me knowing that two or three days from now she’ll be back, in that same frantic mood, worrying about another small insignificant thing.
Maybe it happened because of the old adage, “If we have a reading, and you don’t take the path prescribed, then the path will change.” Maybe she is highly superstitious and thinks that if she steps on a crack she should call her mother to find out about her back. Maybe she’s just paranoid, or a worrywart, or maybe it’s none of those things. Maybe she’s just a Psychic Junkie.
The term was fashioned long ago when Psychics or anyone in the spirituality, metaphysical, and alternative health field began seeing clients who were returning on a frequent basis for the therapy that in truth, they did not need.
Their reasons for coming vary from needing an update, to having new situations to explore that are related to the first issue, sometimes they just like the energy, and other times they just need someone to talk to. The reasons don’t matter, but the fact that an addiction has developed does. Gently guiding the client to a more positive and strong future is always the goal.
With any form of therapy or professional assistance in life, there is generally a rule of thumb for frequency of using said service. They say, everything in moderation, see your dentist twice a year, see your doctor once a year, check your eyes once a year, see your reiki healer once a week for three weeks, and similarly, see your psychic reader, once a week when working on a situation, and once a month if you have a pertinent question.
Come for the right reasons and avoid falling into the stereotype of being a “Psychic Junkie”. If a situation is going to change the course of your life, certainly, come. But don’t come if the problem will resolve in a couple days. Come if you’re feeling like a basket case, but don’t come if you’re looking for a quick fix. Energy healing and psychic readings aim towards positive growth spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically, we don’t do the quick fix.
Above all else, when seeking psychic guidance, reiki healing, or alternative therapy, trust yourself and your own intuition, and if I haven’t said it already, don’t be a Psychic Junkie.
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
RichsEar
Humanitarian
Humanitarian

Male Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 272
Birthday : 1972-11-06

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:20 pm

I have witnessed people both here and elsewhere looking for an easy way of life just by requesting reading after reading after reading.

Sure request a reading or maybe two but any more and there has to be something wrong with the way the person looks upon life.

What is wrong with living your life day by day and letting things run their course? Sure ask for some guidance but on a day by day or week by week basis?
Back to top Go down
http://www.paranormalhaunt.co.uk
Howahkan
Howahkan

Number of posts : 11

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:57 am

Last edited by Howahkan on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ariadne
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 50

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 1:22 am

Hmn..."The One" is my thread no? Well, I have been called a psychic junkie, yes. It's a title I wasn't really ashamed of. I was confused, I needed guidance. Even V told me to my face - well, online - people told her I was a psychic junkie! Very Happy But I didn't think there was anything wrong with that. My heart was telling me something, and I was looking for answers...I think I have calmed though the last two months or so.

That being said, I am very impressed you figured it out based on, I assume, the "energy of my post" as you stated, and I quote, " I have not read your other posts but just the topic subject".

Last edited by Ariadne on Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 1:28 am

Really, if you or someone else is seeing a psychic for advice or whatever on a really regular basis, there's another problem that a healer/psychic/whatever isn't going to be able to fix for you/them.

Readings should offer guidelines or solutions but should not become a crutch. When you get to the point that you can't make most decisions about whatever on your own without the advice or a psychic (or anyone else for that matter) then you've got a problem and need to talk to someone, like a psychiatrist or what have you, and to take your life into your own hands again.

That's my two cents. I don't know you, and this is a general observation I've made based on anyone. I think it holds true for anyone, including myself.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne
Supporter
Supporter

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 1:39 am

I completely agree with you, Luinbariel.

In my case, to be honest, if I based my decisions on the different readings I got in the past, I would've bolted - far, far from this situation. A long, long time ago. ;-) You wouldn't believe how many psychics from this old site I used to frequent told me the guy was a j*rk who was just stringing me along.

But still, I chose to hold on. Because deep inside, I knew. And I still know, although now, I'm much calmer, and just waiting for life to unfold.

But like I said, I agree with you. When someone gets to the point that he becomes paralyzed, there is a problem there.

Thanks for the insight!
Back to top Go down
Howahkan
Howahkan

Number of posts : 11

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 11:39 am

Last edited by Howahkan on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ariadne
Supporter
Supporter

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 6:04 pm

You say he is far from a jerk but also that I keep my mind/heart partly closed to protect myself from the truth...it's very confusing. Sad
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 6:51 pm

Closed from readers, not from him . . .
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Ariadne
Supporter
Supporter

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 2:15 am

Btw, I just want to make it clear I wasn't the subject of V's original post. Razz Somebody just asked me that question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Psychic Junkie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Junkie   Psychic Junkie Empty

Back to top Go down

Psychic Junkie
Page 1 of 1