Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
What are these books like? Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
What are these books like? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
What are these books like? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
What are these books like? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
What are these books like? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
What are these books like? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
What are these books like? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
What are these books like? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
What are these books like? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
What are these books like? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

What are these books like?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pathwalkeruk

Male Aries Tiger
Number of posts : 48
Birthday : 1986-04-16

PostSubject: What are these books like?   What are these books like? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 am

I went to a bookshop and wrote down a list of books that seemed interesting or appealing, does any one own these books or has any one read them:

The vision board The secret to extraordinary life - Joyce Schwarz? (couldnt read the font)
Titania's Number 7
Numerology - Sonia Duce
Earth angels - Dorren viture Ph.D
Meditations on living, dying and loss - Graham coleman
1001 words of buddist wisdom - Thomas Nelson
Gordon Smith Spirit messages
The Watkins dictionary of magic -Nevill drury
The Tarot Bible - Sarah Bartlett
The Watkins dictionary of symbols - Jack tresidder
The Dream Bible - Brenda mallon
The penguin guide to superstitions of Britain & ireland - Steve Roud
An Angel for every day - Angela Mcgerr
A little book of devils and Demons - Mike Harding
A little book of angels - Mike Harding
The cosmic guide to ordering service - Barbel Mohr
Praying with angels - Richard Webster
Goddess guidance (oracle cards) Doreen Virtue Ph.D
Healing with Angels (oracle cards) " " "
Celtic myths - Bill Price
How to hear your angels - Doreen Price Ph.D
Angel Answers - Diana Cooper
Hearling words from the Angels - Doreen Virtue Ph.d
The light workers way - Dorren virture Ph.D
Harmonic wealth - James Arthur Ray
The key to living the law of attraction - Jack Carfield
Deepack Choppa Creating affluence
The celestine prophercy - James Redfield
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Re: What are these books like?   What are these books like? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 12:35 pm

Wow pathwalker!

This is actually a list of books I haven't read myself, or even looked into. I'm not big on the whole angels thing, and deepak chopra is not my cup of tea personally. So, I don't know, if you're interested in Angels, Doreen Virtue is the authority on them, and if you're wanting a little more on Goddesses I would suggest Kathy Jones or Jhenah Telydru.
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

PostSubject: Re: What are these books like?   What are these books like? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:01 pm

I've read Doreen Virtue's Earth Angels book; I have it.

In my opinion it isn't really worth it; it pushes people into about four categories and lists a lot of really general stuff that applies to these people. While that is kind of interesting, very little information is actually offered about how these groups came to be, what they might mean, etc etc.

It is more a book that is designed to help you assign yourself to a group of "Earth Angels", not a book designed to give any information about them.

I also have a dream dictionary similar to the one listed here. I used to use it a lot but as I grew more aware of my own dreams and started working with them more often, I realized that a dictionary such as that has limited use and that interpreting symbols in your dreams as they relate to YOU, instead of to a book, is often more useful.
Back to top Go down
pathwalkeruk

Male Aries Tiger
Number of posts : 48
Birthday : 1986-04-16

PostSubject: Re: What are these books like?   What are these books like? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:38 pm

are there any books that could give me the right bits and pieces of information about angels, light workers,etc the tarot dictionary is probably the most sensible book out of everything on the list as i'd like try tarot but i need a book that explains what the card means in certain positions
Back to top Go down
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

PostSubject: Re: What are these books like?   What are these books like? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 3:35 pm

You could probably find most of that information online for free; if you want to learn about the positions of cards in various types of spreads, try searching google for that type of spread.

For example, if you wanted to know more about the Celtic Cross spread, you could just google "celtic cross tarot" and you'll get several sites to that effect.

I would suggest, however, if you plan on using this method, that you READ SEVERAL SITES as many different sites have many different answers to the same questions.

For example the first link I clicked on about the celtic cross spread names the positions differently than I learned, but if I look at the second link they are different again. You need to LOOK AROUND and see what's common, to decide which out of these explanations can work for you.

This way you can research for yourself all the different spreads and all the many different ways that each position can be interpreted, finding ones that fit you best.

I highly doubt that any one book will have all the "right" answers in it; there are simply too many different ways to interpret the same thing, none of which are more right than any other.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Re: What are these books like?   What are these books like? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:15 pm

I agree with that Luin,

In addition to that I tend to stay away from books on angels and instead just work with my own experiences, I don't want to read a book about another person's biased point of view just so that when things happen to me I have a point of reference and can determine whether it's more like author A or author B's description of angels. All I'm going to achieve is a booky response to angels instead of actually coming away with something from the experience.

You know there is such a thing as over analyzing.
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
LadyeFalcon
Teacher
Teacher
LadyeFalcon

Female Leo Goat
Number of posts : 43
Birthday : 1955-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What are these books like?   What are these books like? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:41 am

Oral tradition sorry. I have never even heard of any of those authors. I have a friend whom is Wiccan and a light worker, and again she said something similar to what V posted above. The best way to learn about angels is to begin working with them. As far as cards go she uses the dolphin cards for readings, they are unique but are a lovely deck. And she usually uses a seven card spread. While I know the Celtic cross and other such layouts have been used for decades I think with the cards more is less. I usually use a five or three card spread. Then if you need any clarification on a particular point you can pull another card for that particular position.
Back to top Go down
http://ladye-falcon.co.cc/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are these books like?   What are these books like? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are these books like?
Page 1 of 1