Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Fear Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Fear EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Fear EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Fear EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Fear EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Fear EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Fear EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Fear EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Fear EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Fear EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Fear

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stormdancer
Teacher
Teacher

Number of posts : 35

Fear Empty
PostSubject: Fear   Fear EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Fear Blessedbethewitches

I have a wonderful dictionary that often assists me in understanding manners of communications (etymological dictonary).at a deeper level than is acceptable in the common vocabulary. I read my first dictionary, like a paperback novel, When i was twelve years old, because i'd won it in a book week competition at school and thought it was the correct thing to do with a new book. There's power in words. Oral communication is like a gift from the Gods or one's worst nightmare, depending on its application.
Im not really the best at the english language but i do love words and try to put my point across as best i can..even if i ramble on a bit!!! (lol).

My dictionary informs me that the word "fear" comes from the Old English word "faer", which is related to the word "faerie", and means to cast enchantments. Faerie, or fate, which, in turn, is linked in faith, derived from the latin word meaning to trust.

Lol yeah , yeah, yeah, you might say, however, I leaped into the whole fear concept several years ago because I was hearing so many people use the word often and so commonly: "I'm afraid this will happen", "I'm afraid to think," I'm afraid things haven't turned out,""I'm afraid of what I'd do if I didn't have this job." Even, and perhaps more aptly, "I'm afraid for my life!"

From this I calculated that fear is about not having, and it rises up into consiousness when one is not ready, or perpared in some way, for certain expected or antisipated eventualities. Fear always seems to be of what's out there or unknown, but I heard much that was irrational, and so I looked to myself in this matter.

Im a perticularly resiliant witch and I put much of that down to one of the first philosophies i was ever taught by one of the women in my family, which was " fix it or forget it!" If you can't fix it, then let it go! If I am staring down the muzzel of a tiger, it is easier to relax than fight the inevitable I guess.The fight or flight syndrome, which describes the physiological symptom of threat, leaves out freeze, which is what fear is also about. The freeze instinct is important and should not be misrepresented. Being a witch, I summoned fear as an entity ,and he was beautiful!!

He appeared, when I first summoned him, tall and stooped, big, hooded, and draped in mists and swathes of grey, from pale to almost black. There was a line between him and me. He walked over the line and stood just behind my left shoulder.He stoops and whispers in my ear "watch out!" "don't trust what your hearing," "slow the car down," "trust the omens!" He is fear he warns me of probable danger, and I listen to him because he is always correct.

Fear is your ally! Its your instinct to survive. Worry is a useless thing; it achieves nothing. Resolution is the key to distress.

I have spent many times worrying myself silly about things and not listening to the real problem. so back to what my Aunt told me..." fix it or forget it".....words of wisdom that have helped me along the way.

Anyway im rambling again lol.
I hope this makes sense to some!
Love you all

Love and Light

Lou xxx
Back to top Go down

Fear
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community :: Paranormal Discussion :: Wicca, Witchcraft, Magick, Occult-
Jump to: