Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Why Can't I Own A Canadian? Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Why Can't I Own A Canadian?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarPhoenix
Contributor
Contributor
StarPhoenix

Female Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 192
Birthday : 1989-11-06

PostSubject: Why Can't I Own A Canadian?   Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 am

Why Can't I Own a Canadian?
October 2002

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a east coast resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted fan,
Jim
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Why Can't I Own A Canadian?   Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:54 pm

ROFL.

What a way to put a woman's words back in their mouth eh?
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader
Kaimelar

Female Aquarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 254
Birthday : 1986-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Why Can't I Own A Canadian?   Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Rofl, thanks for sharing Star. This is hilarious and definitely forces this woman to think about the words coming out of her mouth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ashleydesignsllc.com
stormdancer
Teacher
Teacher

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Why Can't I Own A Canadian?   Why Can't I Own A Canadian? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

http://www.aconservativelesbian.com/aclblog/2009/03/10/why-cant-i-own-canadians/

good post

lou xxx

www.paranormaljunkies.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Can't I Own A Canadian?   Why Can't I Own A Canadian? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Can't I Own A Canadian?
Page 1 of 1