Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
The Moon and Magickal timing Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
The Moon and Magickal timing EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

The Moon and Magickal timing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyeFalcon
Teacher
Teacher
LadyeFalcon

Female Leo Goat
Number of posts : 43
Birthday : 1955-08-01

PostSubject: The Moon and Magickal timing   The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 10:13 am

It is very easy to get rather caught up in the timing of a spell. Timing is another tool that can assist you in your focus, however as always the most important tool in magick is your Intention, your Focus, and your Need and/or Will, the rest are just additional tools we use to help 'smooth' the path of the energy we are directing.

There are several aspects in magical timing the most well know and in my opinion most useful is of course the Moon.

Waxing (growing larger) it is a time for magick that focuses on increase and growth, Waning (growing smaller) time for decrease, neutralization and dissolution of energies, entities and habits.

The phases of the moon are also connected to the different aspect of the Goddess, as is different times in the suns path are associated with the different aspects of the God.

Dark Moon (Hag, Underworld)
This is a good time for inner working and gaining knowledge about oneself. Or, workings that confront self destructive patterns and fears. Not particularly a time for Magic per sea as for 'journey' work and meditation.
New Moon (Maiden)
This is the time of new beginnings new projects that focus on 'maturing' or 'growing'
Waxing Crescent (Mother)
This is the time of nurturance and growth, the time that you would ‘feed’ your hex signs, spells, sigils’, bindrunes etc.
Full Moon (Crone)
The time of wisdom and completion, this is the time that you would ‘celebrate’ the success of a project or the completion of your working. Also it is a good time to connect with your inner strengths gifts and enhance your knowledge, wisdom and skill.

The waning moon times alternate between the Crone and the Hag aspect of the goddess, depending mostly on the day and the planetary hour you are working in.

These are just generalities, different traditions have different interpretations, for example in Slavic Sorcery and Shamanism the moon is actually considered to be ‘masculine’ and the Sun is assigned with Feminine energies. Best way to find your own rhythm is to spend the time in ritual and ‘find’ your own particular timing and cycles, which can also be very useful in your day to day life. You may find you are more sensitive to certain types of energies during certain phases of the moon, or have prophetic dreams during certain phases. Find your own rhythm and cycle.

Next timing tool would be days of the week and planetary hours.
Back to top Go down
http://ladye-falcon.co.cc/
LadyeFalcon
Teacher
Teacher
LadyeFalcon

Female Leo Goat
Number of posts : 43
Birthday : 1955-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The Moon and Magickal timing   The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:23 pm

In my effort to keep it short.... I forgot to mention the Zodiac that the moon is in. The Moon moves through each of the 'signs' and can be very useful in choosing the correct timing of a spell
Back to top Go down
http://ladye-falcon.co.cc/
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Re: The Moon and Magickal timing   The Moon and Magickal timing EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Thanks for this Ladye!

For me, I've always found a new moon more powerful than a full moon for performing magick, it's as though you have this perfect opportunity to start a project or set a spell in motion that will have an amazing amount of power . . .

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
dimple
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: The Moon and Magickal timing   The Moon and Magickal timing EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 8:44 am

very informative hun ! thanks xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Moon and Magickal timing   The Moon and Magickal timing Empty

Back to top Go down

The Moon and Magickal timing
Page 1 of 1