Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Skills disminishing over lives? Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Skills disminishing over lives? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Skills disminishing over lives?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ancient Egyptian Royalty

Female Libra Pig
Number of posts : 19
Birthday : 1983-10-02

PostSubject: Skills disminishing over lives?   Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Okay so I've always been bad at Math and I'm currently in a remedial math class and I use a tutor, so I made a joke with my tutor that I must have been to do math in a past life and he just chuckled of course. But it got me thinking. Is it possible a skill you held in a past life (perhaps it was at an advanced level) just lessen over a long period of lives? Or vice versa, you can become better at a skill as your lives continue?
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Skills disminishing over lives?   Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Hey AER,

I believe you can become MORE skilled at something from a past life, but less skilled? Not possible. In all reference books on reincarnation the idea is that as we have more and more lives we become smarter and smarter. Perhaps the only reason for a decline in your math skills is because of the incline in technology and the easy way of getting answers, where as in the past, your mind would have been forced to think and worked much harder.
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Ancient Egyptian Royalty

Female Libra Pig
Number of posts : 19
Birthday : 1983-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Skills disminishing over lives?   Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:58 pm

If you get smarter and more skilled than how do you explain disabled people who have limitations but may have had other lives?
Back to top Go down
PRIMAL RHYTHMS
PRIMAL RHYTHMS

Male Libra Snake
Number of posts : 13
Birthday : 1977-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Skills disminishing over lives?   Skills disminishing over lives? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 2:04 pm

PRIMAL HERE... AND I TEND TO THINK ALOT..I NEED TO KEEP MY MIND BUSY.... LATELY IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT REINCARNATION.. CONNECTIONS WE HAVE TO PAST LIVES AND SUCH... AND HERE ARE SOME OF MY THOUGHTS... IVE NOT READ ANYTHING ON REINCARNATION NOR HAVE REALLY GAVE IT MUCH THOUGH AS IT WAS A TABOO TOPIC IN THE HOUSE I GREW UP IN.. SO ANYWAYS

NOW IM BASING SOME OF THESE THOUGHTS IN WHAT I OBSERVE IN THE PRESENT.. I COULD BE WRONG IN MY THINKING.. BUT THE POSSIBILITY IS THERE.
A.E.R... YOU MENTIONED PERHAPS ABOUT LOSING A SKILL OR BECOMING LESS SKILLED... HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS ON THAT:

NOW..ITS TRUE SOME DISABLED PEOPLE HAVE LIMITATIONS... BUT IT DOESNT MEAN THE SKILL IS NOT THERE.. ITS JUST THAT THEY CAN NOT EXPRESS THAT SKILL AS A RESULT OF THEIR LIMITATION (WHATEVER IT MIGHT BE).. COULD BE MENTAL.. COULD BE PHYSICAL.

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS ON DIMINISHING SKILLS THROUGHOUT LIVES. AGAIN IM BASING IT SOLELY WHAT I OBSERVE IN THE HERE AND NOW:

HAVING PAST LIVES ALMOST ALWAYS BRING ABOUT DIFFERENT TIMES.. DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES.. DIFFERENT EXPERIENCES.. ALL OF WHICH WOULD HAVE A DIRCT LINK TO WHAT SKILLS ARE USED AND HONED AND WHICH ONES WOULD PERHAPS FADE AWAY ..JUST AS TALENTS (SKILLS) WE HAVE IN THIS LIFE ,IF NOT USED BECOME RUSTY WITH TIME. LET ME GIVE SOME EXAMPLES :

I PLAYED VIOLIN FOR 8 YEARS.. I WAS FAIRLY GOOD.. THOUGH BECAUSE OF EVENTS IN MY LIFE I HAVE NOT PLAYED IN 13 YEARS.. IF I WERE TO PICK UP THE VIOLIN NOW I WOULD BE VERY VERY RUSTY.. THE BASICS ARE STILL THERE BUT I WOULD NOT BE PLAYING IN THE PHILDELPHIA HARMONIC BY ANY MEANS....

SAME GOES FOR PAST LIVES... SAY IN A PREVOUS LIFE YOU WERE A SKILLED MATHEMATICIAN.. THE NEXT LIVE .. A MEMBER OF A INDEGENOUS TRIBE DEEP IN THE SOUTH AMERICAN JUNGLE... NOT MUCH USE FOR ADVANCED MATH SKILLS THERE.. SO IN NOT USING THE SKILL IN THAT LIFE IT WOULD IN SOME WAY DIMINISH.. BUT NOT DISAPPEAR.

BUT IN THE GRANDER SCHEME OF THINGS WITH THE COMBINATION OF ALL LIFE LESSONS.. THERE WOULD BE A CONSTANT GROWING AND LEARNING.. BUT JUST IN DIFFERENT AREAS... SO IN A SENSE WE ARE BECOMING SMARTER WITH EACH PASSING LIFE.

JUST SOME THOUGHTS OF MINE.. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skills disminishing over lives?   Skills disminishing over lives? Empty

Back to top Go down

Skills disminishing over lives?
Page 1 of 1