Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Skrying Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Skrying EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Skrying EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Skrying EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Skrying EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Skrying EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Skrying EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Skrying EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Skrying EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Skrying EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Skrying

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stormdancer
Teacher
Teacher

Number of posts : 35

Skrying Empty
PostSubject: Skrying   Skrying EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:21 pm

The word scrying comes from the old english word 'descry' which means to percieve from a distance: to discover by the eye. Its a method of divination using a crystal ball, shiney stone, mirror, bowl or pool of water or other reflective objects or surfaces, until a clairvoyant vision appears.

The art of scring dates back to ancient Egyptians and Arabs. These users aimed to answer questions, solve problems, find lost objects or people and even in some cases they used it to help solve crime.

The tool of scrying is called a 'speclum' which can be any object, but usually are with a reflective surface. The french physician and astrologer Nostradamus used a brass bowl of water on a tripod. The sterio typical speculum is the crystal ball as known by gypsys and fortune tellers.

scrying is very popular among modern day witches like myself, and its a tradition which we carry out on the night of 'Samhain' Sabbat (Halloween).

One of the things that makes scying so hard for some people is that, like meditation, it requires an altered state of consciousness to do, but with the eyes open. In meditation, pathworking, and in parts of a ritual, most people prefer to work with their eyes closed.

Anyone who can scry is very lucky to have this skill. It took me a long time to learn how to do this , but I dont use a crystal ball...When buying a crystal ball you have to be very careful you get pure crystal and not just glass as many in the shops are not pure within and can mist what you see and there are usually to many faults within the glass to use properly. I use a scrying mirror which is a round ,black mirror like a flat disc. These are not cheap but well worth it as they give a better reading than crystal balls. Sometmes as above a black couldron filled with water can be used effectively as well.

When you are learning to scry the best thing to do is make sure the lights are dim. The mirror needs to be placed at a height and angle which is comfortable for you, sit relaxed and breath calmly and easily. Stare into the water and take your time see if you can make out anything. To be honest this took me weeks to perfect and its not easy so dont be upset if nothing happens it will take time and perserverance..this will pay off in the end.

Scrying is a magical art with many possibilities. Exactly what it is and how it works is for each individual person to decide for themselves, but it will certainly enhance and focus both the psychic and creative abilities of the magician/witch who is drawn into the dark pools to find the bright treasure of secret knowledge.

If anyone can scry or would like to learn how to please let me know.

Love and Light
Back to top Go down
Amaltheia
Amaltheia

Female Scorpio Number of posts : 30

Skrying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skrying   Skrying EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:05 am

I would like to learn more on the scrying area. When I am not taking time out for myself that is. I have a crystal ball, 3 actually, but mainly use the clear quartz and amethyst crystal ball. I have used a bowl of water before. But if you could help me with that, that would be fabulous. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
stormdancer
Teacher
Teacher

Number of posts : 35

Skrying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skrying   Skrying EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:37 pm

That is fab that you do this...make sure that the crystal you use is clear and pure. A scrying ball is the best thing to use as I have one..it is like a crystal ball but bigger and black...great to see in..it is almost like the old Witch's balls.

Love and Light

Lou xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Amaltheia
Amaltheia

Female Scorpio Number of posts : 30

Skrying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skrying   Skrying EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 5:05 am

Cool thanks! AS you know, the amethyst one is pure crystal lol so I know that's ok. THe clear quartz one is clear, I have tried scrying with that before, have seen something other than cleansing colour. It's interesting so will try that more often! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skrying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skrying   Skrying Empty

Back to top Go down

Skrying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community :: Paranormal Discussion :: Wicca, Witchcraft, Magick, Occult-
Jump to: