Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Being a Druid is weird Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Being a Druid is weird EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Being a Druid is weird EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Being a Druid is weird EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Being a Druid is weird EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Being a Druid is weird EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Being a Druid is weird EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Being a Druid is weird EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Being a Druid is weird EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Being a Druid is weird EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Being a Druid is weird

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

Being a Druid is weird Empty
PostSubject: Being a Druid is weird   Being a Druid is weird EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Father Winter
Being a Canadian and a Druid is weird. Druidism and many other Pagan and Spiritualist paths concentrate themselves on a relationship with nature. This includes being within, honoring and serving the land. But I have come to wonder how a true Canadian, or to be specific, a Winnipegger, might honor this connection and relationship with the land. For a long time, I thought, we mostly hibernate, and come out for summer, but soon my perception changed.
I was asked to write an article about the Anam Cara, or in short, the nature spirits of the land from where I live. I thought hard, not a lot of faeries in Winnipeg, no sprites or devas, some interesting energy in Spirit Forest and Assiniboine Park, but no Anam Cara that I personally connect with.
In terms of seeking for an introduction to such spirits, it was Winter, and I would rather hug my hot chocolate and sit by the heater in the house than face the cold. I thought to myself that I would save the article for next summer, and concentrate myself on other matters.
However, when the first blizzard of the year came, it hit me square on the head. I hadn’t thought of it because it’s a spirit that every good Winnipegger prays to and calls to, and chants to when in times of seriously freezing cold temperatures. It’s similar to the Hawaiian Tiki God, who will curse you if you do not worship it. Well fortunately, ours won’t curse us, but if you find yourself in 4ft. of snow, you’ll know you certainly pissed him off.
Father Winter is the spirit I am speaking of, and even as a youngster in Elementary school, we were informed that Father Winter was bringing the cold weather and the snow. Every now and again we could find him whistling in the wind, other times; we could feel the sting of his cold wind whipping our faces. Other times we could mold the wet sticky snow he dropped from the sky to make snowmen and snow forts. For some of us older folk, we found ourselves digging our cars out, shoveling our driveways, and bundling our children up in their mitts, hat, scarf, sweater, long johns, boots and snow suit, while we say, “I’m tough enough not to wear my toque.” We defy the elements, wearing shorts when it’s 0 degrees Celsius, and frostbite doesn’t bother us much, but it still stings.
Father Winter is a strong and stern kind of nature spirit, he commands the winter with authority, and forces the people to work together. After a heavy snowfall, everyone does their part to clear away the snow, whether they break out their snow blower, or shovel, or whether they work a double shift on the snow ploughs, we all do our part to survive against the beautiful and brutal weather Father Winter brings us. When the spring finally comes, we find ourselves rejoicing for the warm weather and hoping that April or May doesn’t bring us one more blizzard before finally, Father Winter retires his winds and his snow and his Winter Wonderland until the Fall comes again.
I wrote my article, and it is true that every Winnipegger has a unique relationship with the Spirit of the land, Father Winter. I am certain that Pagan, Druid, Spiritualist, Nature Lover or not, you have heard his whistle, you have felt the sting of his winds, and you have waded through the floods of his snow.
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon

Being a Druid is weird
Page 1 of 1