Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Theory on Otherkin Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Theory on Otherkin EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Theory on Otherkin EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Theory on Otherkin EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Theory on Otherkin EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Theory on Otherkin EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Theory on Otherkin EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Theory on Otherkin EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Theory on Otherkin EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Theory on Otherkin EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Theory on Otherkin

Go down 
+3
shelly2009
Luinbariel
Valkyrie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:01 pm

For those who are new to the idea of otherkin and aliens, let me explain the phenomenon.

Some feel that they have past life recollections of lives they lived on planets other than earth, in bodies other than human. Some of the most popular types of otherkin are generally faery, dragon, draconian, elven, angels, celestials, and vampires.

I personally don't class vampires as part of the past life recollection group because vampires don't die, and so while yes, not human, and yes, otherkin, they can't be getting that information from past life recollection.

The rest however may in fact have some DNA from the faery or elven realms as the technical beliefs is that these races are akin to human in a lot of ways, so it's possible that our race, mixed with their races at one time, though they may have been misrepresented at the time, possibly as barbarians, giants, or aliens.

That's where the alien theory comes in here, anything that is not human becomes alien, and so all types of otherkin, while we may term them another race here, most other humans would simply call and recognize them as aliens, and so the idea is that the alien phenomenon may in fact be otherkin coming to meet us. I'm hoping one day we can recognize the difference between other races in the universe, and aliens. I actually hope this word eventually goes back to its original meaning, rather than the x files version.

Okay, I'm slightly off topic now, but trying here!

I myself have always held a fascination for realms and worlds outside of ours, and the races that exist out there. I know there are more than the few I've mentioned here, and one day I'll share my own otherkin incarnations with you, and possibly my current theories on my body's incarnation, and its link to the otherkin, through some very interesting ancestral research and mythology and lore!

Smile

Okay so back to the basics, otherkin believe that they are species other than human, either physically in this life, or through their soul in past lives, and they generally believe they were incarnated in intelligent races other than human.

Last edited by SoulWhisperer on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 pm

Yeah, something like that.

I'm pretty interested and involved in the otherkin community at large as well and pretty much generally agree with this statement.
Back to top Go down
shelly2009

Number of posts : 27

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 9:59 pm

I had someone tell me once that my sister and I had shared many past lives together that we have always been sisters...I found that to be very interesting and wonder if the people you are drawn to today were also a part of your past life and is that always the case? Then I wondered are those experiences the same yet different, do we repeat them until we learn?
Back to top Go down
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:22 pm

I think that's a matter of opinion... I don't personally believe that we repeat until we learn, but I do believe we often tend to be around the same people often (though not every time)
Back to top Go down
Ancient Egyptian Royalty

Female Libra Pig
Number of posts : 19
Birthday : 1983-10-02

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:46 am

True mythologically vampires are immortal but there's a lot of vampire role playing in parts of the pagan community so perhaps a person could've been a vampire role player in a past life or one that studied the age old phenonom.

Not to mention a person can be a psychic vampire.

As for me, my first past life reading did speak of other worldly incarnation but I connected to the ones that mentioned earthly incarnations the most.

The closet alien-like incarnation I connected with from that reading was of a pre-homosapien, or early homosapien man on earth.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Egyptian Royalty

Female Libra Pig

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:50 am

shelly2009 wrote:
I had someone tell me once that my sister and I had shared many past lives together that we have always been sisters...I found that to be very interesting and wonder if the people you are drawn to today were also a part of your past life and is that always the case? Then I wondered are those experiences the same yet different, do we repeat them until we learn?

That's something that gets me. A lot of people believe that we have to learn so many lessons before reaching a heaven, or Nirvana-like state where we rest as one of the wise ones or become spirit guides to others but I sometimes wonder, what if it's not lessons we must learn but just a natural cycle of life and we actually don't choose our lives?
Back to top Go down
dimple
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 55

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 9:53 am

i wish i can remember something about my past life but i cant..hmm or maybe if someone would give me insight i would have an idea of what i was before lol i remember my professor back college saying that in his past life he was one of our national heroes and most of my classmates are finding him crazy well how would i know for all i know it could be true Smile
Back to top Go down
Ancient Egyptian Royalty

Female Libra Pig

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 6:46 am

Very true dimple, I've been accused by my own pagan sister of being crazy because of who I thought I knew in a past life. Turns out if you thought you knew a famous figure past or present in a past life, most people literately think you are crazy and accuse the psychic who told you that of scamming you.
Back to top Go down
Amaltheia
Amaltheia

Female Scorpio Number of posts : 30

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:50 am

I have always been drawn to the faeries. I used to meditate - just by wondering what they'd do in that type of world, will pick up a faerie picture or image that is striking to me and will sit there and imagine or wonder. It's just another way of meditating I found out later on. But I love the faeries admittedly, any kind, doesn't bother me. I have even had a dwarf and an elf come visiting in my room at night once, but there must've been an angel as I was zapped to sleep after attempting to talk to them, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sombra

Female Taurus Snake
Number of posts : 5
Birthday : 1989-04-22

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:12 pm

The general idea behind otherkin that I'm familiar with is that either people were born with the souls of non-human creatures/beings. Though (and I've only seen therians use this definition) some feel that perhaps their mind has some mis-wiring that makes them feel inhuman (I probably defined that really badly). I'm pretty involved in the otherkin community as well and I don't think I've heard of people having different DNA (I'm a little confused on what you meant by that). Most otherkin would beg to differ on that. Myself (as a therian)...I personally feel like I have a canine soul.

Vampires typically don't define themselves as otherkin. Though the term implies something inhuman, the ones that I'm familiar with describe themselves as humans with energy deficiencies not treatable though any known medicine, but they are able to take in energy either through drinking blood or taking in energy psychically. No real vampire claims to live forever and if they do they are pretty much shunned from a serious vampire community and are considered "fluff".

As for past lives, I don't know what my past lives are though I've always been curious about it. Though I've been raised Christian, I've always believed in reincarnation (and oddly enough so does my mom...and she's much more of a Christian than I'll ever be). And I've figured that another cause for my therianthropy could be parts of my past life still imprinted on this life. Something like that. I don't really know how to explain it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Theory on Otherkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory on Otherkin   Theory on Otherkin Empty

Back to top Go down

Theory on Otherkin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community :: Paranormal Discussion :: Past Lives and Otherkin-
Jump to: