Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Writing a book... Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Writing a book... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Writing a book... EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Writing a book... EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Writing a book... EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Writing a book... EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Writing a book... EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Writing a book... EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Writing a book... EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Writing a book... EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Writing a book...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

Writing a book... Empty
PostSubject: Writing a book...   Writing a book... EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Yup, at the moment I'm working on a story that I've had in mind for a long time, hoping to eventually publish it in some form as a book.

The title is the same as my user name, but I would like to point out that this is NOT because I identify with my character per se; I just like the name and use it on the 'net. It just happens to be the same as my character, though SOME part of her are close to me as well. It's a bit tough.

So, if anyone is interested, I will post the prologue here (it's pretty short) and then link to the rest of the chapters which are available on my deviant art page. I don't have all of the current chapters up and will not go past chapter six, because I have had some scares with people trying to steal what they could of the idea; this way they don't know the rest of the plot and this will hopefully be enough.

Here goes!

Quote :
I should have done something about it a long time ago, when everything first started.

I shouldn't have ran like that.

But I did. I turned on my heel and ran, bounded on like a terrified deer into the unknown reaches of the forest around me, ahead of me, inside me.

Their screams still echo in my ears some evenings, when the full moon is rising above the breaks in the canopy, when the night is set and humid like it had been at that time. I still hear the sickening distant sound of metal tearing through flesh, of my own footsteps obscuring that horrible noise even as my mother cries for me to run! Run and never stop, my love! Never stop...

She couldn't have known what that meant to me. How that would haunt me for decades to come, and how it would almost become a prophecy; Run. Never stop, never look back. Run.

I finger the necklace which dangles at my collarbone, the metal picking up the cool of the evening and transferring it to that delicate little hollow that had formed as I had matured. As the chain tinkled against the setting, I wondered idly whether it had all been worth it, and immediately felt guilty.

Looking to the stone that now rested in my palm, I knew no real doubt that what I had done had been for the best. For my people. For a people I never knew, and heard only tales about that were as full of mystery as I myself was. After all, how many, in their entire lifetime, would have the good fortune to run across an elf?

Dropping the pendant gently, I sink to my knees in the shallow water, shivering slightly as the sensation of goose-flesh covers me like an epidemic. I raise my hands to my hair, fanning it out behind me in an attempt to keep the damp, freezing strands from clinging to my back, knowing full well that it's probably in vain. In a few moments, I will become accustomed to the cold, and none of this will matter anymore.

I watch the broken pieces of tonight's full moon reflect back at me from the small lake's surface, aware of the eerie glow they cast on everything that can pass even the slightest reflection. I know that if anyone could see me here in my seclusion, my silvery hair would be shining like some of the moss I've seen in some of the deeper, damper caves of my travels.

I know complete and utter panic when I think that perhaps someone CAN see me here. Don't mistake that fear for modesty; I haven't had enough experience with others to even know what that is on more than a vague level yet.

No, what I fear is someone in particular.

The usual hurried thoughts press in... Have I been careful enough? Have I stayed in one place for too long? Their usual answers do not come to me so easily, this time. The lingering fear from my earlier reminiscing still hangs around me, and is difficult to escape.

I wade quickly out of the crisp pool, only for one tiny moment sad that I could not stay longer and bathe properly. I am in my traveling clothing and cloak in less than one minute; I have had far too many years of wary practice, of jumping at sounds.

Almost before I know it, I am off, running blindly on into the forest that hardly ever seems to stop. Into the forest that some days seems more like a prison, like a private, living hell that offers to reprieve, no comfort.

Almost before I know it, I hear their screams, could swear I hear them echoing from the dark trees which stretch their limbs above me.

I hear their flesh being torn, and my mother screaming.

But most of all, I hear her words, gargled with difficulty through great pain, through blood.

Run. Never stop. Never look back. Run.

That concludes the prologue; here is chapter 1 for any interested, and the rest of the chapters are linked at the bottom of each deviant art posting. Chapter 1
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

Writing a book... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing a book...   Writing a book... EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 4:23 pm

Oooh,. this was good hun!

I loved the descriptions and the imagery, silvery hair, THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who thought elvens had silver or white hair . . . yay you!

Last edited by SoulWhisperer on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Writing a book... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing a book...   Writing a book... EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 4:26 pm

Heh thanks!

I've always been attracted to the idea of an elf with silver hair... I think it looks amazing, though so do some with other colors, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat

Writing a book... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing a book...   Writing a book... EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm

I always found Elvens to be either with red, auburn, white, silver, or brown hair.

That whole blonde hair thing never kicked in over there.

Lol.

Last edited by SoulWhisperer on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Reader
Reader
Brianna

Female Virgo Number of posts : 33

Writing a book... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing a book...   Writing a book... EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Hey there Liz! Wow I knew there was more to you than met the eye! Very nice writing - I can't wait to read more....Perhaps, I'll post some of mine here, but I'm very superstitious about that...maybe, must think on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liveperson.com/brianna
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Writing a book... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing a book...   Writing a book... EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:38 pm

Thanks very much Brianna, I appreciate that, heh.

I would love to read some of your writing as well, though don't push yourself if you don't feel comfortable.

I'm still a bit uncomfortable posting it sometimes, since when I first started putting it up at my deviantart account a girl I knew was constantly pestering me to know the details of the plot and especially the ending. I knew she was also a writer and so I refused to give them to her. She stopped talking to me... and my secret is safe!
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat

Writing a book... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing a book...   Writing a book... EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 5:04 am

I always find the same problems myself, I'm so hesitant to post anything I've written for well scrutiny and for well, copyright issues. I have posted my prologue at times, it's long, as is the rest of my book, which is seeing it's 266th page right now. It's a metaphysical fantasy romance novel, and so it'll probably end up in the 400 page mark when it's done. We shall see!

Smile

As for poetry and stuff however, nah, I will always post that stuff when it flows, because it barely ever does!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Writing a book... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing a book...   Writing a book... Empty

Back to top Go down

Writing a book...
Page 1 of 1