A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Share | 

Hearing Things

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

PostSubject: Hearing Things   Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:46 pm

Well, it keeps on happening so I'll post about it here.

When I'm getting ready for bed at night, or sometimes even when I'm just around the house, I hear things.

I hear what sound like voices in the other room; it's a lot like the tv has been left on, you know how that sounds when you can barely hear it from the other room. You know it's there, but you can't make out what's being said... that's what I hear.

The tv is never on when this happens, everyone is in bed, and there are no sounds coming through the vents in the apartment (I check; my boyfriend also hears nothing).

I can never make out what is being said but it's around, and the voices are often different. I hear music on occasion too, and laughing like there's a part going on. I've seen a little vision here and there as well at these times but just the voices are much more common.

Does anyone have an idea what this might be? I'm confused... it happens so often now that I just make a mental note of it and fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mjollnir

Male Taurus Dog
Number of posts : 46
Birthday : 1982-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:40 am

I often hear voices late in the evening, It's too soft to hear what they are saying. A kind of mumbling it seems, also laughing and music etc. Like there is an antique music box in my living room. However I think they are hallucinations and pay no attention to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Well, what it is has little to do with what you want to do it with it. Sure, could be paranormal activity, and it probably is if you're in an area of the city that's older.

The real problem is what to do with it, and there's only 2 ways to go. The first is to do a meditation and call the thing to you, opening up to it and having conversation with it. In that case, it might run away from you and be pointless, or it might backfire and then it won't shut up.

The second thing you could try is mentally telling whatever it is to go away. Almost like a telepathic scream where you send your thought patterns outside yourself to tell the thing whatever it is to go away. That could work too, or it could make it worse. Either option has really the ability to make it better or worse, and using your best judgment and common sense will work here.

Last edited by SoulWhisperer on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Well, I don't particularly want it go go away; I'm more interesting in finding out what it is specifically I'm hearing.

I don't think that it's necessarily just one thing I'm hearing, as the voices are often distinctly different from the last time I heard them, and the case where I heard what sounded like some sort of fancy party somewhere was totally unlike any of the other things I've ever heard.

I'll have to try to call it/whatever to me and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brianna
Reader
Reader

Female Virgo Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Hey there Liz, Now I'm sure that your not one to be frightened and is all about exploring the unknown. I want to mention that if you are open to spirit communication and this is indeed what is happening - the chance of it becoming more and more clear are very great. I keep repeating to myself, I do not see spirits - as I round the corner and wonder who that man is standing in front of me that no one sees.....I do not hear spirits, as I'm driving home from a day at the hospital and I end up having a conversation with a male named Ronny who decided to hitch a ride with me. I keep denying it, yet have EVP's that have literally frightened me, until I got my senses back.

The first thing I would suggest is use a digital recorder and just record. Also, if you truly want to know and hear and I say this with caution - it's not always wonderful things you will see and hear - is just ask....What message do you have for me? What do you want? You get the point. If you want them to go away - simply tell them and they will.

I am venturing to say from what I know of you, this is not uncommon for you and once you start working with this "gift"...(I use gift loosely, because I know a lot of people who do not feel it's a gift) you will pick up on feelings, words, and many other things.

If this doesn't make sense or you have any questions please ask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liveperson.com/brianna
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:38 pm

No, that makes a lot of sense Brianna. I do believe I heard those EVP's you mentioned as well.

One of the things I want to do is get my hands on a good quality digital recorder at some point, and to try recording when I hear these sounds. I do have a few devices that can record digitially but it's not their primary function and I want to get recordings that are as clear as I can possibly get.

I'm not afraid of them, not in the least... curious, yes. I've tried asking questions like that before, like "what is it you want" or "what can i do for you" (that's my favorite) but thus far I never get responses that I can hear. I try the same thing with dreams as well and, it seems as with the case of a surrogate dream I once had, it only is granted when it's really needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nixana
Supporter
Supporter

Female Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:33 pm

I hear things from my higher selves, but one is cruel and calculating, so I'm not sure who she is. There are 3, though one is just a spirit who had a great bond with the cruel one. I can feel sometimes they are in a meadow, or 'resting'. They sometimes take over my body and when the cruel one speaks to my friend (she is very gifted and the one who told me of my abilities)... she, my friend, say her voice is like ice and my aura becomes very cold. Zoe (friend) says its like its winter when I'm around her within you. I have a few theories, like otherkin, but apart of me thinks I'm crazy and in denial, while the others wish to learn why its happening, who they are exactly (well confirm it, I'm one of those people where I won't belive myself unless an outer party said the same), and etc.

So, I'd appreciate if I can get help from any of you and some insight into this matter aswell. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin

Female Leo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:57 pm

Sound to me like a higher self issue, I mean I had this going on when I was about 16 actually, I had 3 or 4 facets of myself, and basically what it is, is that the soul can't fit into a human body, and so you have your human self, which is grounded, normal, like everyone else, then you have your higher self, which can manifest in a myriad of ways. Your soul has a much larger capacity for energy than your human body, (like 1 mb for your human body, and 1000 GB for your Soul) That being said, you'll often times open little parts of yourself and so those parts will flow through, this cruel one seems to me like it's just a harder side of your personality, and I would deem it definitely from a past life, while it's most definitely from your higher self.

The other personalities you experience, really depends on which door you open, and which part of your soul is being channeled through. You can regulate it, dark, light, part and part, it's not clear on exactly how it works, but it depends on your emotions, your thought patterns and your desires at that moment, then it will channel through.

I can guarantee you won't be able to do it when you're weak or sick, but when you're connected to yourself, it's like a flood of energy.

Either that or you have a walk in spirit that's in the background. . . . but that's a totally other thing altogether.

Back to top Go down
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader

Female Aquarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 254
Birthday : 1986-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 pm

Okay, so I figured that since this is labeled hearing things. I also figured that since this is labeled that and I don't know where else to put it, I would put it here.

When I'm in my house alone, I hear knocking noises in my kitchen and I could swear talkin but I can't make out what they are saying.

Other times, when I'm in my room alone, on the back wall that is only connected to the outside, no room next to it, I hear knocking like every half hour to an hour. This knocking seems to last anywhere from 5 mins to 20 mins. I don't know what it is or why I hear it but I thought it was odd. Then, when I'm layin in bed at night I also hear like whispering or talking but can't make out what's being said. Any thoughts on it? Any idea of what I can do to either get rid of it or find out what it is or anything really? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ashleydesignsllc.com
LadyeFalcon
Teacher
Teacher

Female Leo Goat
Number of posts : 43
Birthday : 1955-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:08 am

Folk tales again.... they are called 'knockers' they were highly prized and courted by the coal miners as it was said they would 'alert' the miners to good veins and also dangerous places in the mines by knocking and many tell about hearing what sounds like a group of people 'whispering' when they are around.... they are little people similar to gnomes. I would guess there is something important they want you to know or find. Also does not hurt to leave out a little gift for them when they are around you would be surprised by the 'treasures' that you just suddenly find if you are in their favor. I am told they like milk and chocolate. They have a sweet tooth I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ladye-falcon.co.cc/
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader

Female Aquarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 254
Birthday : 1986-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Ya know Ladye, I think there could be something to this. I finally found my id, but can't find a hershey kiss that was on my desk LOL. And the knocking happens when I ask myself about this guy I like and I usually draw 3 tarot cards and they tell me the same thing every time, I do space that at least 2 weeks between the readings mind you, it makes it interesting!!! So maybe you are right, maybe they are trying to tell me something and maybe I should pay attention more! And couldn't hurt to leave some chocolate lyin around now and then *winks*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ashleydesignsllc.com
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin

Female Leo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:42 pm

Lol I mean if they haven't stolen all your hershey kisses yet.

Back to top Go down
mandymelons

Female Leo Snake
Number of posts : 36
Birthday : 1989-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:48 pm

i would ask in your head or alowed which ever you think would be heard what it wants , they usually will tell you that. Asking who they are might get them p oed since they sometimes fell you should know them like they were famous, but to ask why they are there could get you answers... once they are confortable they might just hold a conversation.. Or always telling them to go to the light and pass on helps , they might be stuck into transition mode where they cant or dont know they need to go on. I have had to tell somone to go on before just cause they thought they were needed, which wasnt true. They were to get something done and did but couldnt go farther.. confusing but interesting....infact they might not be there able to comunicate with you , or know you hear them , just let them know your there and want to know them that always helps me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hearing Things   

Back to top Go down

Hearing Things
Page 1 of 1