Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarPhoenix
Contributor
Contributor
StarPhoenix

Female Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 192
Birthday : 1989-11-06

PostSubject: A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination?   A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 10:37 pm

When I was a child of 4 or 5, I would often wake up in the middle of the night to ghosts. It was two little boys glowing green. The boys, I feel, were brothers. They were dressed as children were in the early 1900's. My mother, of course, would always tell me I was dreaming, and I would believe her had it not happened on numerous occasions. I was never afraid of my night time visitors, and they never spoke a word, just stood and stared.

Another experience I had was shortly after my grandfather died. My mother had woken up in the middle of the night and hear a distinct clicking sound that my grandfather's ankle used to make when he would walk up stairs. My mom wrote it off as greif for her lost father, until the next morning when I woke up and told her that grandpa had come to visit me in the night.

I am a strong believer of the paranormal. And a strong believer that these are personal experience I had with ghosts. I would just like to know what others think about this.
Back to top Go down
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination?   A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 am

It could be, I'm really not sure.

I know that when I was a kid I would see things as well, at about the same age. I remember at one point waking up at the house of my parent's friends (they had to go out of town and I stayed the night) and the open closed across from me contained two flags having a conversation.

I -KNOW- I was awake but that's the extent of it. I never will be able to know for sure if I'm just seeing things or if I was seeing things, you know?
Back to top Go down
StarPhoenix
Contributor
Contributor
StarPhoenix

Female Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination?   A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 5:19 pm

Yeah. Especially since I was so young, I could have just convinced myself over the years that all this really happened. When really it was just my TV being left on, I had convinced myself that it was two little boys, and as more and more time passed I forgot what really happened and just believed it was ghosts. I have heard that children are so much more susceptible to paranormal activity, but I guess I'll never really know what happened those nights.
Back to top Go down
shelly2009

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination?   A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 pm

I heard somewhere that a childs mind is like a sponge and they are open to many things, which makes them prone to seeing ghost, the interesting part is that we begin to question what we hear and see once we start school because at that time the brain is taught patterns (just one example) by doing this you begin to close your brain off and use your brain to work on patterns not on something outside that. I hope that made sense, it did in my head.
Back to top Go down
StarPhoenix
Contributor
Contributor
StarPhoenix

Female Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination?   A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 7:31 pm

it did in mine too hun Smile
Back to top Go down
Ancient Egyptian Royalty

Female Libra Pig
Number of posts : 19
Birthday : 1983-10-02

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination?   A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:42 am

I don't recall but one of my sisters said when I was three I told my mom I saw my grandparents (they had just died and we moved into their house) and she told me I didn't.

My mom's a real conservative Christian who claims she doesn't believe in that stuff and that it's a sign of the devil being near or something. But according to my sisters who saw and heard stuff around the house, there was a lot of activity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination?   A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination? Empty

Back to top Go down

A Personal Experience? Or a child's imagination?
Page 1 of 1