A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Share | 

Passenger Aircraft Crashes New York

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RichsEar
Humanitarian
Humanitarian

Male Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 272
Birthday : 1972-11-06

PostSubject: Passenger Aircraft Crashes New York   Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:09 am

A passenger plane has crashed into a home a few miles from Buffalo airport in New York state, killing 49 people.

The Continental Airlines flight was arriving from Newark, New Jersey, when it struck a property on its descent and became engulfed in flames.

The Federal Aviation Administration said all 44 passengers and four crew on board the plane were killed.

Local emergency services said one person was killed on the ground in addition to those on board.

The stricken Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 was Continental Airlines Flight 3407, operated by Virginia-based Colgan Air.

It crashed at 10:20pm local time in the town of Clarence, Erie County, a few miles from Buffalo airport.

No problems were reported from the flight deck in the final communication with local air traffic control, just seconds before the crash.

"I was told the plane simply dropped off the radar screen," a county official said.

Local resident Keith Burtis, who was outside at the time of the crash, told Sky News he could feel the impact more than he could see it.

He said:"I was three quarters of a mile away, outside, you could hear the aircraft whistling.

"You could feel the ground shake and within minutes there was smoke in the sky and an orange glow.

"At this point the fire is still going - they're working to put it out."

He added the weather in Buffalo had been very poor, with heavy rain that had turned to snow during the evening.

Clarence resident Christopher Kausner told Sky News he was waiting for official confirmation that his sister was one of the passengers who had been killed.

"She was in law school, 24 years old. She was flying home to spend time with her family for the weekend.

"We don't have any official confirmation - all I'm going on is news reports I'm getting.

"The people I'm hearing on the radio are almost all people I know. It's a small, tight-knit community."

At least five homes have been evacuated and five residents have been taken to hospital.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.paranormalhaunt.co.uk
StarPhoenix
Contributor
Contributor

Female Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 192
Birthday : 1989-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Aircraft Crashes New York   Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:11 am

Oh goodness. Mike just flew out to New York on the 20th. It could have very easily been him. Just hits ya hard when you realize it could have very well been someone you love. I wish for peace for those that passed and my condolences to their loved ones here on earth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crzblu3y3z

Female Capricorn Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Aircraft Crashes New York   Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:29 pm

What is going on with all these plane crashes?- what is it now? like 4 in the past 3 months?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Aircraft Crashes New York   

Back to top Go down

Passenger Aircraft Crashes New York
Page 1 of 1