A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Share | 

a few of the most common dreams and there meanings.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clamity-angel

Female Libra Dog
Number of posts : 13
Birthday : 1970-09-23

PostSubject: a few of the most common dreams and there meanings.   Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:10 am

Here is a few of the most common Dreams we may have and their meanings.

Falling,

To dream of falling shows a lack of confidence in our own ability.We may feel threatened by a lack of security, whether real or imagined. We fear being dropped by our friends or colleagues. Falling has come to be interpreted as surrender ( particularysexual) and with moral failure,of not being as one should. We may feel we are slipping away from a situation, essentially we are losing our place. This can be because of others negative influence.

Being chased

Dreaming of been chased or trying to escape is perhaps one of the most common dreams. usually we are trying to escape responsibilty, our own sense of failour, fear or emotions that we cant handle.
Being chased by shadows shows the need to escape from something previosly repressed, such as a past childhood trauma or difficulty. To be chased by an animal generally indicates we have not come to terms with our own passion.
Spiritually the image of being chased or pursued suggests either fear of ones actions,
or is a play on words as in chaste.

FLIGHT OR FLYING

Conventionally flying in a drean is to do with sex and sexuality, but it would probably be more accurate to look at in terms of lack of inhibition and freedom. We are releasing ourselves from limitations which we may impose on ourselves,
To be flying upwards is to be moving towards a more spiritual appreciation of our lives, while to be flying downwards is to be making an attempt to understand the subconscious and all that entails. Spiritually flying means freedom.

Being paralyzed

When paralyisis is felt in a dream we are probably experiancing great fear or suppression.Feelings that are emotionally based are exprienced as paralyisis in order to highlight the physical effect those feelings can have. Imagination can often play tricks on us, and we experiance as real some kind of reaction we would not normally allow ourselves. Paralyisis is such reaction. Paralyisis can signify spiritual inadequacy, inahability to create movement,and inertia. There is a condition which sometimes occurs during development when we are forced into facing our own fears, and this can be experianced as paralyisis.

Death dreams

Alot of people dream of death in there dreams traditionally to dream of death indicateds the possibility of a birth or a change in circamstances in ones life or that of people around them. It might be that we are letting go of something old to start something new. To dream of our own death is to be exploring our own feelings about death; the retreat from the challenge of life or the split between mind and body. Leaving the body is frequently an expression of this breach between the ego and life processes. Ones own death can often be used in dreams to explore others feelings about us. Death is a transition from an awarness of gross physical to the more spiritual self.

Drownig

Drowning in a dream this usually indicates we are in danger of being overwhelmed by emontions we cannot handle. We are fearful of allowing our emontions to drown us. Drowning also might indicate percieved inhability to handle a stressful situation around us at the time of the dream

Colours in dreams

Colours in a dream are a vital part of symbolism.

BLACK
This colour holds within it all colour in potential. It suggests manifestation, negativity and judgement.

BLUE
It is the colour of the clear blue sky. This is the rime healing colour. It suggests relaxation, sleep and peacefulness.

BROWNThe colour of the earth, death and commitment.

GREEN
This is the colour of balance and harmony. It is the colour of nature and of plant life.

GREY
There is probablly no true grey. It means devotion and minisration.

ORANGE
This is an essentially cheerful uplifting colour. The qualities associated are happiness and independence.

RED
Vigour, strengh, energy, life, sexuality and power are all connected with this colour.

WHITE
This colour contains within it all colours. It suggests innocence, spiritual purity and wisdom.

YELLOW

This colour is the one which is closest to daylight. Connected with the emontinal self, the attributes are thinking detachment and judgement.

Prision in dreams
Prision, in dreams, stands for the traps we create for ourselves. We may feel that the outside circamstances are making life difficult, but in atual fact we are createing these circamstances ourselves. This can be on an emotinal, material or spiritual level. Often we create a prison for ourselves through a sense of duty or guilt and this can often be shown in dreams.

I posted this post on the site i moderate they found it interesting so i thought i post it here Smile

love clamity-angel xx

Back to top Go down
View user profile

a few of the most common dreams and there meanings.
Page 1 of 1