Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
The Color White? Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
The Color White? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
The Color White? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
The Color White? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
The Color White? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
The Color White? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
The Color White? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
The Color White? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
The Color White? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
The Color White? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

The Color White?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

The Color White? Empty
PostSubject: The Color White?   The Color White? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 pm

Well this is going here while I figure out what I'm doing with the spiritual / religious / magickal side of things, but had an observation today about something. I will currently call Druidism my hobby, as I've got about 30 books on the subject, and another 12 coming, and I'm soaking up knowledge like a sponge on it right now.

So today is about the color white.

You know, I never understood why the Druids wore white robes, it always reminded me of my days as a Lutheran, wearing the acolyte robe, the very large, hot robes. It reminded me of the day I was confirmed, when I was in the bright white robes, kneeling at the alter . . . it reminded me of the moment the pastor held his hand over my head, and said a verse from the bible, and when the energy he was attempting to transfer unto me was rejected, when I felt myself feel dizzy, when at that moment, I almost fell from my knees onto my back, when the girl next to me grabbed my arm to steady me. The faint symbol of a crow flying up from that momentus vision, to only be dismissed at the time, then the concern of the congregation watching, the assumptions of the heat, the well wishes, the confused faces. I think none knew that the confirmation ritual was rejected, but they all stood witness to that fateful moment, and only I understood it. And so white wasn't a good color for me.

Very recently, while searching the racks of the local thrift shop, I found a rather beautiful white cotton sweater. It fit my body quite comfortably, and suddenly an energy changed within me. A feeling of purity washed over me, followed by a deep sense of ancestry. It was as though it was not just a sweater, it also served as a symbol of purity, of magickal working through the seams.

I have meditated wearing it just today, (having only acquired it three days ago) and I am feeling a stronger sense of doing my work in white. Maybe not in gaudy large robes that I trip over, but white clothes that my energy can flow through smoothly.

I wonder if anyone else feels the connection to white, if it's a color they choose for themselves.

Last edited by SoulWhisperer on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

The Color White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Color White?   The Color White? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 11:00 am

I responded about this in another forum, but I'll have a crack at it here as well.

I don't feel much for the color white, per se; I think it might look nice on me if I could find a flattering item in said color, but I don't get the same feelings from it.

I wonder how much your prior associations with the color have influenced your current one? You said you used to wear robes for sort of religious purposes, do you think that it could be sort of super-imposing onto your feelings about the color and its implications now?

I say this because the colors that I identify with more and feel have similar effects on me are the ones that I grew up around; greens, browns, golds and blues, mostly. Fields (specifically wheat which is important to me somehow), the earth, the grass and the plains, and the skies and water.
Back to top Go down
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader
Kaimelar

Female Aquarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 254
Birthday : 1986-01-22

The Color White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Color White?   The Color White? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:15 pm

Well, I don't have this connection with white. But purple on the other hand is a different story! Purple is my favorite color and if ya looked at my room, You can easily see I'm a purple nut! I have been told that Purple represents spirituality, I've also been told it represents Royalty and knowledge. I don't know which of this to believe, but I know that when I wear purple or sleep under my purple blanket, even staring at my purple desk lamp and walls, I feel some sort of confidence and happiness as well as calmness in the color! Just my thoughts!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ashleydesignsllc.com
SoulMagick
Supporter
Supporter

Female Number of posts : 79

The Color White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Color White?   The Color White? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 am

I am quite 'afraid' of the colour White. Not only for it's 'exposing' nature but for it's strong stature associated to being in authority in every sense of the word.

I find it can be suffocating and expanding at the same time. I feel it washes away my creativity and energy and I feel awkward and unwell physically as if someone is putting pressure on my scalp.

Don't know if that will make any sense to you all though scratch

As for other colours, I have always been repulsed by anything Grey or Brown. I just find it 'ages' me and 'depresses my mind' and has a 'old' effect on me. lol. I have worn a few items of clothes in those colours and found myself feeling messy and untidy and boring! lol

Warm Hugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Color White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Color White?   The Color White? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Color White?
Page 1 of 1