A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Share | 

Strange recent experiences

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

PostSubject: Strange recent experiences   Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:37 pm

A little backround info...

I've always had a very easy time remembering my dreams, as long as I can remember. I have very vivid, lengthy and colorful dreams, but they usually fall withing the same pattern. I have discovered a past life this way, identifying an unusually clear dream that stood out from the pattern, but aside from that the dreams I have are usually much more along the same sort of patterns.

Lately, however, I've been experiencing some strange things happening in my dreams.

Maybe a week or so ago I had a dream where, near the end, I was faced with a spirit; this is not abnormal for me, but what happened next was. She spoke to me and instead of her voice seeming to exist in the dreamscape, if that makes sense, it existed directly into my mind.

I have NEVER experienced anything this clear or intrusive before. Her voice was clear in my mind as though that was where she was speaking to me, and all she said was "I seeeee youuu". She sounded amused, but I woke up immediately afterwards, and was disturbed for a few minutes. I had to go sit in a room by myself for awhile to get back to myself before I felt ready to go back to bed.

Something similar to this has happened to me again recently, and I'll copy and paste the little bit that is relevant from my personal blog.

Quote :
Something else, something huge and oppressive seemed to take over my body at that point. I could feel my eyes open in astonisment, not seeing anything under the dark of the blanket; it felt as though it was creeping over me like ice. At this point the dream was still normal, and I shoved it away too like I had with the previous spirits; but then the change came over me again, and it felt much more… real.

Much as it had in the dream I recorded some days ago, the laughter sort of popped OUT of the dream. I could hear a man’s laughter all over in my head, just nickering away as something took over my body. I couldn’t fight it at first but just as it was getting to be too close for comfort, I somehow managed to fight the thing off.

I woke up after that one feeling a bit disturbed, and with the headache I had gone to bed with still pounding in my head. I got up, got some water, went back to sleep.

I was hoping to get some insight and advice here about what is going on, what do you think this is? I'm a bit confused. I'm not really scared as I try to be open to everything... but some ideas would be nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Strange recent experiences   Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:33 pm

Well, I'm not sure how to approach this without potentially stepping on toes, which I don't want to do. Please dont' take offense; it is not my intent to hurt feelings or anything like that. I think we just view things differently, and I have no problem with that.

Rhiannon wrote:
Hey!

Okay, have taken a gander at it, and upon first impressions, the first spirit you describe, not the one in the blog description, but the woman who said "I seee yoouuu" she feels to be a part of your shadow self, or higher self, manifesting itself in a way that's scary to you. Possibly just a more lighter and quirkier side of your personality coming out to tango with you for a few moments, and perhaps just a darker repressed part of you that wants to come out in full force.

Either way, due to the implication that this happened INSIDE your head, I would say it's a personification of yourself.

This didn't click for me; I didn't get a sense of "ah ha, now I understand!" from reading it, nor does the concept, as I try it on, seem right to me. I am not really of the belief that there is a higher self or anything like that; I don't disregard the beliefs of others or anythingl ike that, but I don't personally believe it. Even so, thinking about this and, as I said, trying it on, I don't get the sense that this explanation works for me.

I like to think that, despite how some of the few conversations that we've had in the last few days may make it seem, I'm actually quite in tune with myself. I've been going through a little bit of stress, but it isn't as huge and debilitating as it probably seems in text. In reality I'm doing quite well, just monthly PMS related GRRRRR'S. I don't believe that I repress any parts of me and I am quite open to any side of me; I don't even really believe there is a "dark" or a "light" (I know, I know... but please, live and let live. I try to).

As time passes and I think more about this dream in particular, I think that it was less something really out of the ordinary and perhaps just me taking a dream too seriously. I only have a very small handful of these experiences thus far (the two mentioned here) and until I have a bigger sample, I'm going to approach this slooowly.

Quote :
As for the other man, possibly a wandering spirit, but for me once again I would probably go for naming him your Animus, the male part of you and once again, another part of you shadow hun.

Also, you know when you're in the process of awakening, and if you have a lot of stress around you, you can cause these manifestations to appear due to your own negativity. Think about how much you're drawing from people with the work you do, and figure out if this is another way you're releasing it. It could be causing these strange things to happen to you, and indicates a need to find a new way to cleanse yourself of negativity.

However, if you do discover it is a part of your shadow, both the male and female apparitions, then I would seek to speak with it more to find out what your shadow self wants you to work on now, and what messages it has for you. It could be as simple as "Look you have no shields and I can break into your mind." in which case you may wanna take care of that pronto hun!

I hope this helps.

Blessings,
Rhiannon

I think I didn't give enough information about this guy; he represents a guy that shows up in my dreams in various ways, usually in a manner in which he treats me as his posession in various ways, and at least once where we are more... willing companions. This was him again, but in a more... forceful manner than I've ever seen him do. As I said above I don't really believe that I have two sides or a dark and light side to myself; I honestly, over the last many years that I've been seeing him, have never considered him a part of myself. I have thought long and hard about that side of it and have never come to a sense of this being correct.

I am also not just starting an awakening period. I have been in it for a few years as well, maybe not as long as some... but I have come to realize that awakening is not the same for others as it is for me. It's different for all of us, and thus far I have seen my own awakening to be of a much slower pace, and to not be "oh wow, look at what I've discovered!" I process information in a really... not passive, but quiet sort of way. I don't instantly accept it, nor do I instantly reject it; not saying that others do, but I turn it over like a stone in the river until I am satisfied that it either fits, or it does not. It's a slow but thorough process for me.

What I'm trying to get at here is that I don't think it's the stress of awakening that's causing it, and I have never experienced manifestations of my negativity in this way, if at all. I generally don't get that worked up about much of anything, and that goes for my own troubles. I process 'em slowly, thoroughly, not even sure how to describe what I mean.

In the end I hope the extra information helps, and again I hope I didn't step on any toes. I asked about these two dreams specifically because I have always been very in-tune with and aware of my dreams, and that these are against the norm; I have never been a person who has had lots of symbolism or anything like that in my dreams. I'm as straight-forward and blunt in my dream life as I like to try and be in my waking one; I think I should have offered more information to that effect.

Thanks for taking the time to look for me, however, and to write that out; I appreciate it and am thankful for your input.

Again, my apologies if I've upset you or anyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Strange recent experiences   Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:29 pm

Hey Luin,

Thanks for the extra info, I suppose I'm so afraid to step on toes that my explanation didn't explore ALL the possibilities here.

I would look more deeply at how you feel about this man in the dreams, what characteristics he exudes more than others, and why he's recurring in the dream.

Without going into straight dream interpretation, since there are 4 ways to interpret a dream and sorry for stepping on the psychological interpretation first, but the other option is that the man in the dream could be a man in your waking life. You would have to identify who the waking man is to know more about the dream man. The other option is that he's a kindred soul that is currently alive and living somewhere else. Psychic connections like this can happen. The other option is that he was someone you knew in life once, and he died, and thus, the dreams of him continue. Still, for me it's not my beliefs that some random spirit man would waltz into someone's dreams, there has to be a connection somewhere to it.

Maybe you can make a waking connection to this man and figure out what he's looking for, who he is, and what he wants. That might help you solve the mystery a little better.

Blessings,
Rhiannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Strange recent experiences   Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Oh no worries!

I think that some of your theories in your second post make more sense to me. I am currently of the thought that this person is someone I have incarnated with time and time again, though not always at the same time; sometimes I'm incarnate and he's not, and vise versa.

I don't know if he's around at the moment or not, as he's notoriously horrid to contact (I've tried) and the kind of guy who does whatever the eff he feels like. I do have the idea that he's someone I know/knew in a past life at least and that's a starting point.

I agree that he's probably not some random guy, it just seems a bit strange that things got so... forceful? as it were.

Thanks so much again, and if anything happens, I'll update this thread!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Strange recent experiences   Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Sounds good, and haha, had tables been turned and you had given me the psycho analysis version, I woulda disagreed myself. Arg to the staying of safe eh?

I think this stupid moon is messing with me.

Blessings,
Rhiannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Brianna
Reader
Reader

Female Virgo Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Strange recent experiences   Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Hey Luin, I need to re-read everything again in detail but what you are experiencing is not that all uncommon. I too have a male that comes to me in my dreams. I see him, same one, all the time for years. Now there are many theorys for this.

One you might find interesting and can relate to is a spirit called a watcher, he's attached himself to you for some reason.

Another could be a gaurdian, unsure of your beliefs on that one.

Have you had a detailed dream interpretation done, I would have to have complete details in order to analyze it and it could very well have meaning to you.

If any of these things you'd like to discuss, let me know. If not on the forum then we can hit my chatroom. It's actually pretty interesting and I too wish to find out more about our visitors.

Thoughtforms could be another......
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liveperson.com/brianna
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Strange recent experiences   Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:24 am

Well, I thought that he could perhaps be a guardian or something like that, but he is very much NOT the nice kind of protective spirit that would be around to protect me, unless he's a selfish sexual assaulter.

He always seems to be interested in making sure that I know he'll get me if he wants to, no matter what I want.

I have never had a complete dream analysis I think. I would be interested but I also don't know how much of it I'll believe; my views may or may not be compatible, but I do always like gathering the information and seeing what others think.

I can pull some of the dreams out if you like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brianna
Reader
Reader

Female Virgo Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Strange recent experiences   Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:17 am

Luin,

Trust me when I say I know exactly what you are talking about with regards to the aggressiveness. I've experienced the exact same thing. I would be more than happy to dig into your dream if you are interested and don't worry about agreeing with anything, as I don't always either - it's going to be straight up text book but I'll offer my alternative opinion as well. I don't always agree with the textbook analysis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liveperson.com/brianna
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Strange recent experiences   Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:29 am

Well, if you wouldn't mind, I'll PM one to you. I'll get to that shortly, gotta find one in the archive.

Good thing I sort of organized it recently...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange recent experiences   

Back to top Go down

Strange recent experiences
Page 1 of 1