Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Types of Spirit Guides Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Types of Spirit Guides EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Types of Spirit Guides EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Types of Spirit Guides EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Types of Spirit Guides EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Types of Spirit Guides EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Types of Spirit Guides EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Types of Spirit Guides EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Types of Spirit Guides EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Types of Spirit Guides EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Types of Spirit Guides

Go down 
+2
SoulMagick
Valkyrie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Types of Spirit Guides   Types of Spirit Guides EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 1:48 pm

I thought this might be helpful for people to know about!

EXTERNAL GUIDES

These are guides that come from our environment, from the universe around us in order to help us on this plane.

Elementals

An elemental is a mythological being first appearing in the alchemical works of Paracelsus. Traditionally, there are four types:[1]

* gnomes, earth elementals
* undines, water elementals
* sylphs, air elementals
* salamanders, fire elementals.

The exact term for each type varies somewhat from source to source, though these four are now the most usual. Most of these beings are found in folklore as well as alchemy; their names are often used interchangeably with similar beings from folklore.[2] The sylph, however, is rarely encountered outside of alchemical contexts.

The basic concept of an elemental refers to the ancient idea of elements as fundamental building blocks of nature. In the system prevailing in the Classical world, there were four elements: fire, earth, air, and water. This paradigm was highly influential in Medieval natural philosophy, and Paracelsus evidently intended to draw a range of mythological beings into this paradigm by identifying them as belonging to one of these four elemental types.

Fairies, Fey, Fay, Faery

A fairy (also fay, fey, fae, faerie; collectively, wee folk, good folk, people of peace, fair folk, and other euphemisms)[1] is a type of mythological being or legendary creature, a form of spirit, often described as metaphysical, supernatural or preternatural.

The word fairy derives from the term fae of medieval Western European (Old French) folklore and romance, one famous example being Morgan le Fay. "Fae-ery" was therefore everything that appertains to the "fae", and so the land of "faes", all the "faes". Finally the word replaced its original and one could speak of "a faery or fairy", though the word fey is still used as an adjective.

Fairies resemble various beings of other mythologies, though even folklore that uses the term fairy offers many definitions. Sometimes the term describes any magical creature, including goblins or gnomes: at other times, the term only describes a specific type of more ethereal creature.

Devas, Sprites, Brownies, Gnomes, Banshee

A Deva in the New Age movement refers to any of supposed the spiritual forces or beings behind nature. According to Theosophists like Leadbeater and Alice A. Bailey, Devas represent a separate evolution to that of humanity. The concept of Devas as nature-spirits derives from the writings of the Theosophist Geoffrey Hodson

In the Findhorn material, the term refers to archetypal spiritual intelligences behind species, in other words the group soul of a species. But elsewhere the term is used to designate any elemental or nature spirit, the equivalent of fairies.

They are similar to Sprites, Brownies, Gnomes, and Banshees

Angels

An angel is a spiritual supernatural being found in many religions. Although the nature of angels and the tasks given to them vary from tradition to tradition, in Christianity, Judaism and Islam, they often act as messengers from God. Other roles in religious traditions include acting as warrior or guard; the concept of a "guardian angel" is popular in modern Western culture.

Angels are usually viewed as emanations of a supreme divine being, sent to do the tasks of that being. Traditions vary as to whether angels have free will or are merely extensions of the supreme being's will. While the appearance of angels also varies, many views of angels give them a human shape.

Divine Beings

In monotheistic faiths, the word divinity is often used to refer to the single, supreme being central to that faith. Often the word takes the definite article and is capitalized — "the Divinity" — as though it were a proper name or definitive honorific. Thus Yahweh, Allah, and Jehovah are sometimes referred to as "the Divinities" of their particular faiths. Divine — capitalized — may be used as an adjective to refer to the manifestations of such a Divinity or its powers: e.g. "basking in the Divine presence..."

The terms divinity and divine — uncapitalized, and lacking the definite article — are sometimes used as to denote 'god(s)[1] or certain other beings and entities which fall short of godhood but lie outside the human realm. These include (by no means an exhaustive list):

* The multiple gods of pan- and polytheistic faiths (as in the ancient Greek )
* Elementals such as the dragons of traditional Chinese religion and sylphs and salamanders from Celtic traditions
* Anthropomorphized aspects of nature, like the tree and river spirits of Roman mythology
* Animal beings, many of which populate the stories of Native Americans and Indigenous Australians
* Conceptual beings like the Muses and Fates of ancient Greek belief

In certain instances, individual humans are elevated to divine status without becoming actual gods: the eight immortals of taoism, for instance, or the Virgin Mary in the Catholic faith. Compare with the section on divinity and mortals given below.

Genii Loci

Local Spirits (genii loci) The spirits which were believed to inhabit natural features of the landscape, such as springs and caves were the foundation of ancient religious belief.

INTERNAL GUIDES

Higher Self

Each individual (re)incarnates into bodily form from its authentic or Higher Self, being sent to garner experience on the third density/dimension[clarification needed], in this case, planet Earth. When an individual dies, the energy stream from the Higher Self is withdrawn from the physical body. The Higher Self is always connected to each individual incarnation, and guides the individual throughout their life. The individuated mind/body energy stream completes its experience and then absorbs back into its Higher Self.[clarification needed] It is also referred to as the I AM presence. All Higher Selves are One, being part of Universal Consciousness.[citation needed]

The Higher Self is also known as our future self or guardian angel, having full knowledge of our pre-incarnate goals and soul path. It will open or close doors of experience so as to best serve the individual's chosen path.[citation needed]

"Higher self is an integral and intimate aspect of ourselves that remains aware of (and actively interacts with) the whole of our being and our existence on the many planes or possibilities of life. One definition of the higher self can be: The part of ourselves that remains aware of our fragmented aspects and our wholeness simultaneously". Ronald Holt[1]

The physical universe (the Earth, sun, galaxy) is within the confine of the third, fourth and fifth density/dimension[clarification needed]. The fourth density[clarification needed] is where dreams, & astral projections occur. Higher Selves are within the eight density/dimensions and just over the physical head while also anchoring into the Heart Chakra of their individuations.

A spirit guide manifested from the Higher Self could come in the form of Ancestors, Angels, Otherkin, Animals, Objects, or as simply energy, like orbs of energy. They may also appear as demons or shadows. A higher self spirit guide is the most common type as well, as they are able to guide the individual to the best possible outcome in their life, and bring them happiness. The higher self is YOU, it's YOUR soul that's channeling messages to YOURSELF.

Anima / Animus

The anima and animus, in Carl Jung's school of analytical psychology, are the unconscious or true inner self of an individual, as opposed to the persona or outer aspect of the personality. In the unconscious of the male, it finds expression as a feminine inner personality: anima; equivalently, in the unconscious of the female, it is expressed as a masculine inner personality: animus.

It can be identified as the totality of the unconscious feminine psychological qualities that a male possesses; or the masculine ones possessed by the female. Jung stated that the anima/animus archetype was not totally unconscious, calling it "a little bit conscious and unconscious."[1] In the interview, he gave an example of a man who falls head over heels in love, then later in life regrets his blind choice as he finds that he has married his own anima–the unconscious idea of the feminine in his mind, rather than the woman herself. The anima is usually an aggregate of a man's mother but may also incorporate aspects of sisters, aunts, and teachers.

The anima is one of the most significant autonomous complexes of all. It manifests itself by appearing as figures in dreams as well as by influencing a man's interactions with women and his attitudes toward them, and vice versa for females and the animus. Jung said that confronting one's shadow self is an "apprentice-piece", while confronting one's anima is the masterpiece. Jung viewed the anima process as being one of the sources of creative ability.

Shadow Self

In Jungian psychology, the shadow or "shadow aspect" is a part of the unconscious mind consisting of repressed weaknesses, shortcomings, and instincts. It is one of the three most recognizable archetypes, the others being the anima and animus and the persona. "Everyone carries a shadow," Jung wrote, "and the less it is embodied in the individual's conscious life, the blacker and denser it is." [1] It may be (in part) one's link to more primitive animal instincts,[2] which are superseded during early childhood by the conscious mind.

According to Jung, the shadow, in being instinctive and irrational, is prone to project: turning a personal inferiority into a perceived moral deficiency in someone else. Jung writes that if these projections are unrecognized "The projection-making factor (the Shadow archetype) then has a free hand and can realize its object--if it has one--or bring about some other situation characteristic of its power." [3] These projections insulate and cripple individuals by forming an ever thicker fog of illusion between the ego and the real world.

Jung also believed that "in spite of its function as a reservoir for human darkness—or perhaps because of this—the shadow is the seat of creativity."[4]

All in all, you could have many many types of spirit guides out there, and I thought this would help everyone in identifying their own guides!
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
SoulMagick
Supporter
Supporter

Female Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Types of Spirit Guides   Types of Spirit Guides EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Wow, Very informative! Again something to clear up those things I have yet to put my finger on! lol

Question.. Can a Banshee really be classed as a guide? It's a scary thought if it's true. bounce

Thanks for the thread Soulwhisperer, I can look back on this too and really absorb things when I find myself forgetting! lol

Warm Hugs
Back to top Go down
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader
Kaimelar

Female Aquarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 254
Birthday : 1986-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Types of Spirit Guides   Types of Spirit Guides EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:38 am

Wow Rhi, you've been busy hun! I'm so glad you posted this though! It's amazing! It's very informative and helps one to understand any guides they have, think they have or someone says they have! AWESOME!!!!

Bless,
Ashmarie Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.ashleydesignsllc.com
clamity-angel
clamity-angel

Female Libra Dog
Number of posts : 13
Birthday : 1970-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Types of Spirit Guides   Types of Spirit Guides EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:56 am

One of my guides is a mermaid, i never thought that was possible in fact when i first saw her in meditation i thought i was mad lol. I call her Nerissa which means daughter of the sea.

When we talk its the most beautiful feeling i sit on a rock with her and she sings to me the most beautiful music ive heard, She helps me to understand myself and how things in life effect me.

love clamity-angel

Types of Spirit Guides PAKH2CA3NVMNVCAC2PMU8CAZYQ7M3CA238L
Back to top Go down
sunburst
sunburst

Female Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 34
Birthday : 1992-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Types of Spirit Guides   Types of Spirit Guides EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:17 am

wow that's very detailed thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
bocellifan
bocellifan

Female Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 25
Birthday : 1979-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Types of Spirit Guides   Types of Spirit Guides EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:56 am

I know that Tinkerbell is a fictional Disney character, but this kind of explains my fascination with her. Thanks Rhi...... Very very informative. I like that I can look back on this post if i need more info.

Just out of curiosity, how exactly do we contact our spirit guides if we are still developing...... (like me)?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Types of Spirit Guides   Types of Spirit Guides Empty

Back to top Go down

Types of Spirit Guides
Page 1 of 1