Mystic Sanctuary Psychic Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Which deck do you use? Empty
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Which deck do you use? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Which deck do you use? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Which deck do you use? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Which deck do you use? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Which deck do you use? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Which deck do you use? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Which deck do you use? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Which deck do you use? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Which deck do you use? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Which deck do you use?

Go down 
+5
capricorn
Dave of PCP
Brianna
Luinbariel
Valkyrie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Hey Everyone!

So there's a ton of different tarot decks out there, from the Rider-Waite Smith to the Victorian Gothic, and some are good, but others are better.

So which deck speaks to you, which one do you use?

I myself use the Faery Tarot as much as possible, it's a beautiful deck with very animated pictures and there's a lot of subtle symbols. It's almost like instead of having a card with 6 coins on it representing the 6 of Pentacles, there's a faery handing an apple to a hamster, and she's surrounded by food and forestry. This artistically expresses the card more, instead of symbols representing people, faeries represent what the essence of the card is telling us, and in that way, the card is able to speak to the reader better.

Blessings,
Rhiannon
Back to top Go down
http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 pm

I am really fond of the Mythic Tarot for some reason.

Probably because it was the first deck that I ever picked up, but somehow it really seems to fit my personality and my beliefs, both about the world and about the tarot in general.

I love specifically the Moon and High Priestess in this deck, using at least one of them to represent myself. Sadly the only image I can find of it online is in terrible shape, REALLLLLY washed out.
Which deck do you use? Myt03emptwrWhich deck do you use? Mymaj17 Which deck do you use? Tower_mythicWhich deck do you use? HighpmythicWhich deck do you use? MoonCard

These images are much nicer in person...

I also have the same fairy tarot as you, which was a gift from a friend; somehow I'm not very drawn to it, but it IS pretty. I rarely touch it and feel a bit guilty.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 5:12 am

Hey not all of us were meant for the faery tarot!

I have the mythic tarot too myself, picked it up at Value Village awhile back, along with a Gryphon egg, which is another long story but I'll get the pic of it on here sometime, really cool item to work with.

As for me and Mythic tarot? Never quite clicked, I didn't like the card reorganization away from the original Justice is 8 and Strength is 11, but I digress, I guess I never got into it the way others have.

Smile

Other than that, I need to get my butt back to sleep for now, it's like 6am, yikes! Will post more later!

Blessings,
Rhiannon
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Reader
Reader
Brianna

Female Virgo Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 12:27 am

I am so disappointed I had this uber long post about my decks and it's disappearred! Anywho, I tend to outgrow my decks and am an avid collector. I'll have to try and get my list of all of them, it's quite large. Currently, my deck of choice is the Quest - my favorites after that are the Gilded, and The Dream Tarot (however this one is a bit large to handle). I've got my eye on some past live decks ( I use more than one deck for those). I also have one or two decks that I've purchased due to the antiquity of them and will have to post some pics. I'm unsure of what they are.....

There are a few decks that I absolutely will not read from because they give messages of darkness, and shadows that most prefer not to look at. Strange but true. Other decks, I have strictly for the artwork.

A thought just flashed through that Luin should work on an "otherkin" deck. I think it would be facinating.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liveperson.com/brianna
Dave of PCP
Dave of PCP

Male Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:06 pm

My personality is one of integrating my spirituality into my quirky way of mundane life. The deck I use reflects this. It is The Pagan Tarot.

Sample cards at: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/pagan-tarot/

The 9 of wands is still my favorite card. The artwork throughout the deck is similarly detailed yet atypical for Tarot.
Back to top Go down
http://ImBleedingProfusely.com
capricorn

Female Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 20
Birthday : 1989-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:04 pm

I use tarot of the old path flower they are pretty
Back to top Go down
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader
Kaimelar

Female Aquarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 254
Birthday : 1986-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:56 pm

Well, my first Deck was the New Palladini Tarot. It had some beautiful pictures but I just didn't really feel any connection with it when I had worked with it. I couldn't seem to have my energies combined with it, so I ended up discarding that one. Then I found the Gilded Tarot Deck! It's my current one and the one I finished learning with. My energies mesh with it extremely well and I feel such a connection to this deck! I didn't think it was possible for me to be as connected to a deck as I am with this one.

Which deck do you use? Gilded-00704Which deck do you use? Gilded-00705Which deck do you use? Gilded-00706
Which deck do you use? Gilded-00707Which deck do you use? Gilded-00708Which deck do you use? Gilded-00709
Back to top Go down
http://www.ashleydesignsllc.com
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader
Kaimelar

Female Aquarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 4:07 am

Wow Gypsy, your decks are really beautiful and you have a lot of them! That's awesome though and thank you for sharing them with us! They are absolutely stunning!

Bless,
Ashmarie Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
mariaisabel
Supporter
Supporter
mariaisabel

Female Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 61
Birthday : 1989-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm starting with a new deck I bought 2 weeks ago.. I've been using it but I think it's way to big for me. Am I right? 66 cards in a Oracle Psychic Deck.

http://www.johnholland.com/press_media_recentarticles.asp
Back to top Go down
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader
Kaimelar

Female Aquarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Maria, there is 66 cards in an Oracle deck, I use the tarot deck and that has 78 cards. Depending on you and your gifts, sometimes the more cards in the deck, the more information you may get, sometimes not. For me, using the Gilded Tarot deck, I get a ton of information with different cards in the deck, but that's just due to my intuition and psychic abilities. It may not work for you the way it works for me. So I don't think the deck is too big for you, very few people can read smaller decks.
Back to top Go down
mariaisabel
Supporter
Supporter
mariaisabel

Female Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 61
Birthday : 1989-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Alright because I thought I was making a mistake and I was doing it wrong. But I guess not, each time I do my cards. It's explaining what I need to do or not to do. Like a warning of action.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin
Valkyrie

Female Leo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 9:05 am

That's a good way to see it Maria, glad you're getting use out of your cards.

For me the Faery Tarot has always been my best deck, I just love the expression in the Fae in the deck, it makes it easier to read than most decks with symbols that signify other things. I'm more of a straight reader myself, which means I don't usually use Tarot the symbols confuse me but the energy never confuses me, I tend to read energy better than divination, but heck, I think I did a good job last night despite being rusty on the tarot!

Oh and Ash, WOW that deck is pretty! I might have to go and buy it!
Back to top Go down
Nixana
Supporter
Supporter
Nixana

Female Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:44 am

I use Revelations Tarot that was made by Zach Wong since it called out to me. I loved the art of the cards, its my third deck though. The first was a 5-dollar deck that my mom bought to help her, and it was the one that made me interested in Tarot. The second was a typical beginner card deck, though it was Giant.

Here are some of the cards
Which deck do you use? A

Which deck do you use? Moon(favortite card)

Which deck do you use? Q

Most cards have both the reverse art on them aswell.
Back to top Go down
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader
Kaimelar

Female Aquarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 4:28 pm

Wow Nixy, these are very beautiful cards! I'm so glad that you are interested in Tarot! I just recently bought a new deck myself, I'm just waiting for it in the mail Smile I don't typically do reversals, but I know most tarot readers do Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader
Kaimelar

Female Aquarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:55 am

Okay, so I just got my new deck in the mail, I had to order them online! So I thought I would share!

Which deck do you use? Tarot-of-dreams-03567Which deck do you use? Tarot-of-dreams-03568Which deck do you use? Tarot-of-dreams-03569Which deck do you use? Tarot-of-dreams-03570Which deck do you use? Tarot-of-dreams-03571Which deck do you use? Tarot-of-dreams-03572Which deck do you use? Tarot-of-dreams-03573

And this is what the back of the cards all look like Smile
Which deck do you use? Tarot-of-dreams-03574
Back to top Go down
Amaltheia
Amaltheia

Female Scorpio Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:43 am

Mmmm Mystic Faerie tarot, Native American Tarot and lately though have just been using cyrstals as focus points, but also the crystal tarot too. Which is interesting and has a beautiful energy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which deck do you use?   Which deck do you use? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which deck do you use?
Page 1 of 1